Namaste London Ltd (O/a DESI TANDOOR)
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
October 15, 2020
March 14, 2021
$16.00 / hour
- Location: 180 Sandalwood Parkway E Brampton, ON L6Z 1Y4
- Salary$16.00 / hour
- Vacancies: 2
- Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time, 40 hours / week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Overtime, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Overtime required, Attention to detail, Handling heavy loads
Flexibility, Judgement, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Organized
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Specific Skills/Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking Authentic East Indian Cuisine and BBQ products and their compliments.
- Plan menus, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- Train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Plating, assembling and garnishing of all food products in a uniform manner.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food adapting recipes to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene, health, safety and sanitary standards are maintained in the kitchen.
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Namaste London Ltd O/A Desi Tandoor Restaurant specifications and practices and overseeing kitchen
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Prepare items for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.