Dr.T.S.Dhaliwal Optometric Corporation
November 19, 2020
April 19, 2021
$21.75 hourly (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Job type: Full time, permanent and indeterminate (at least 40-hours/ week.)
Job Location: 3353, Kingsway Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5R 5K6.
Wages: $21.75 hourly (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience as a medical office assistant or receptionist is preferred. Previous experience in any health care and patient care setting is an asset. Candidates with experience in ophthalmology is preferred.
Minimum Education: Post-secondary education is preferred. Must have high school or equivalent.
Positions Available: 01
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet patients in a welcoming manner; validate health card, obtain demographic information
- Assisting in virtually all aspects of the patient visit, from arrival to departure
- Receiving and checking in patients for appointments, booking follow ups, confirming upcoming or rescheduled appointments.
- Keeping tight control over daily scheduling and managing the schedule for physicians.
- Answering phone calls and handling issues with efficiency, kindness and professionalism, not limited to patient concerns, physician calls, urgent issues etc. and liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Represent physician and the practice in a professional manner at all times
- Receive and direct all incoming calls via telephone and voicemail in a timely and professional manner
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm patient office appointments, diagnostic tests and procedures, arrange specialist referrals
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- Train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- Keeping track and following up on outstanding referrals (incoming/outgoing), labs, results and communications related to patient and professional matters.
- Maintenance and upkeep of office equipment and examination lanes;
- Opening and closing clinic
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a detail-oriented fashion.
- A desire to interact compassionately with a very wide variety of patients who have diverse needs.
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment with distractions.
- Proficiency in the use of computers.
- A willingness to learn the use of new technologies
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please apply via e-mail: email@example.com