Commissary Connect Innovations Inc.
IT & Web Design
November 19, 2020
April 19, 2021
CAD $55,000-65,000 per annum (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Job title: Graphic Designer
Job type: Full time, permanent and indeterminate (at least 40-hours/ week.)
Job Location: 8811, Laurel Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 3V9
Wages: CAD $55,000-65,000 per annum (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience as a Graphic Designer and Illustrator is required. Candidates with education in designing or computers are preferred.
Minimum Education: A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning or Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
Positions Available: 01
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
- Drive creative delivery from concept to final execution to meet client objectives.
- Consult with and present to internal clients as needed, providing design concepts and tactical guidance to meet our objectives.
- Be responsible for the design, layout, and formatting of materials. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative, and graphic elements.
- Prepare uniquely inspiring images that will be featured in various creative projects, which could include brochures, catalogs presentations, direct mail, corporate identity, packaging, and web/mobile sites
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations, by hand or using computer-assisted design (CAD) software, for printed materials such as books, magazines, packaging, greeting cards and stationery
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients' communications needs
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a detail-oriented fashion.
- Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work
- Demonstrate strong design knowledge and expertise in various software applications
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to design for web and other digital media
- Must be a highly organized person with excellent communication skills, strong client service skills, and very detail-oriented.
- Experience with After Effects a plus
- A willingness to learn the use of new technologies
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org