Title: General Manager, Trucking Company
Salary and Working Hours:
Salary: 57.50CAD per hour
Working hours: Minimum 30 hours per week
Overtime Rate: $86.25 per hour starting after 44 hours per week
Holiday pay: 4% of gross pay
Business Registered Location: 181, Gracedale Blvd, North York, ON, M9L 2C2
Work Location: Suite 200, 55 Village Centre Place, Mississauga, ON, L4Z1V9
Contact No.: 647-483-2657
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive business covering Finance, Marketing, Operations and Sales for the Logistics and Transportation services
- Devise Monthly/Yearly Sales forecasts and schedules to meet desired productivity targets.
- Responsible for Financial management of projects, recognizing business opportunities and putting together bids to win new business as well as negotiating and agreeing contracts.
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Work as an overall teammate with the CEO for further growth and sustenance of current business levels.
- Co-work with the CEO to develop client portfolio, solicit potential large volume customers, assist to negotiate and finalize long term contracts.
- Work with external vendors to establish effective Supply Chain solutions and Long-Term partnerships in involving service levels agreements.
- Lead and control the operations team for more productivity, reduced downtime and ensure the optimized utilization of resources (materials, vehicles and manpower)
- Ensure that the finance, back end staff and the operations departments are well synchronized
- Optimize deliveries by planning efficient and cost-effective shipment negotiations and InventoryManagement.
- Compiling Budget Administration to meet Revenue Generation and Service Goals.
- Conduct weekly/monthly routine meetings to ensure that team goals and projects are achieved according to established guidelines, procedures and policies of the Company
- Daily meetings and routine communications on exceptions, changes to the facility shipping and transport environment, problem resolution and equipment service needs.
Education and Required Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience
Job Status and Type: Full Time / Permanent Position