We, Saigon Sun, are a Vietnamese Restaurant in Okotoks, AB with a wide range of food and drink options. Our goal is to provide delicious Vietnamese dishes and the greatest service to all customers. We are extremely passionate about meeting our customer’s needs and constantly strive to serve healthy and high-quality Vietnamese foods. We are looking for a Food Service Supervisor to join our restaurant.
Employer Name: Pho Mai Vietnamese Noodle House Ltd. (D.B.A. Saigon Sun)
Location: #245, 200 Southridge Dr, Okotoks, AB T1S 0B2
Title: Food Service Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Wage: $16.90 - $17.90 per hour (based on working experience)
Working Hours: 30 hours per week (may include weekends & holidays)
Benefit: 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
• Supervise and co-ordinate the duties and work performance of food service team to meet our restaurant’s standard;
• Track and keep records of stock, sales, expenses, wastage, and others;
• Keep food storage and preparation equipment in good working order to maximize safety and cost-efficiency of operations;
• Train food service team workers in food preparation and cleaning roles to facilitate restaurant operation;
• Ensure delivering high-quality service and meals to promote customer satisfaction;
• Supervise and check delivery of food and prepare food order summaries for chef regarding any special requests from customers;
• Monitor required ingredients and supplies for food service and purchase if requires.
• Completion of Secondary School is required;
• Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline;
• At least 1+ years of work experience in food preparation or service are required;
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills;
• Great customer-focused communication skills and organization skills.
How to Apply:
Please E-mail us your resume and cover letter to: Hung Van Thai (Saigonsuninokotoks@gmail.com) with the subject line of “Full-time Food Service Supervisor Position – Saigon Sun”. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: E-mail only please.
We hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from racialized persons, visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.