The Laureates Academy Ltd.
Education & Training
December 23, 2021
April 22, 2022
Company Operating Name: The Laureates Academy Ltd.
Business Address: #401-9200 Mary Street, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada, V2P 4H6
Job Position Title: NOC 0014 - Chief Executive Officer for Language Instruction Agency
The role of Chief Executive Officer at The Laureates Academy Ltd. will be responsible for formulating, coordinating, and approving financial, marketing, operation, and management strategies to grow the business. He/she will setup the necessary programs and training to improve the wellbeing of her managers and employees while also maintaining effective communication with the middle management and employees.
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: PERMANENT 30-40Hrs Full Time
LANGUAGE OF WORK: ENGLISH
LOCATION: Chilliwack, British Columbia
The duties of the Chief Executive Officer at The Laureates Academy Ltd. will include but are not limited to:
- Formulating or approving internal policies and programs to maximize the company’s efficiency, productivity, and performance, which includes but are not limited to:
- Company Personnel Plans
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Training Programs
- Company Safety Regulations
- Business chain of command
- Providing guidance and delegating responsibilities to the middle management team to ensure compliance with the company’s policies, programs, values, and mission statement
- Leading the entire company and working collaboratively with the middle management team to develop business strategies as well as setting up priorities and goals for the company,
- Authorizing and organizing the establishment of major departments and associated managerial positions
- Adjusting personnel expenses and hiring processes according to business need.; approving hire and fire requests within the business.
- Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the company
- Supervising the middle manager on tracking company finances, production of financial reports, as well as frequent business accounts evaluation
- Reviewing financial reports and looking for patterns to develop strategies to mitigate risks and ensure the overall financial success of the business
- Representing the company in negotiations, networking events, public relations activities as well as other official functions that could promote the growth and reputation of the business.
- Securing key supplying contracts with retailers, wholesalers, and businesses
- Ensuring and facilitating the smooth functioning of all aspects of the advertising business to best serve the customers
- Regulating monthly meetings with the middle management
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of financial policies and procedures
- Identifying and addressing financial operations of the company including but not limited to the development and production of:
- Overseeing the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
- Periodic financial reports
- Financial analysis and strategy
- Sets of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
- Sets of controls to enhance accuracy of the financial reports
- Sets of controls to comply with accounting and financial reporting standards
- A university degree in education and specialized with special needs or discipline related to language instruction and management is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a front-line educational environment and managerial position is required.
- Familiarity with one of the following Canadian and international curriculum programs is required, such as with:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Additional language instruction and general educational certifications are highly preferred and deemed beneficial to the company, including:
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
- Education Instructor certifications beyond the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Certification in Special Education