Legal Assistant (NOC: 1242)Victoria - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and maintain filing system, keep proper legal records and confidential materials and documents.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, meetings and conferences for lawyer.Open and reply regular and
electronic incoming mail with the consultation and guidance of lawyer.
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and
- Prepare correspondence and draft legal documents, briefs and memoranda.
- Be knowledgeable in computer software like WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat.
- Should be able to take notes, minutes and dictation, fill out forms and perform general office work.
- May perform other general office work as required including drafting wills, affidavits and financial statements.
Education and Related experience
- Degree in Law; or successful completion of a recognized legal assistant diploma program
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a legal office
- Fluent in English, Punjabi, Urdu and Hindi
- Ability to translate documents, from Punjabi or Urdu to English, such as marriage certificates, birth certificates,
property document etc would be a strong asset
- This full time position offers wages @ $27.00 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Job Location: 103 - 2220 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC, V9B 0G9
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
- Preferred start date: ASAP
- legal assistant in a legal office: 1 year
How to Apply
- Please submit your resume in confidence at email@example.com
While we thank all interested applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.