Industrial Meat Cutter
Dieppe - NB, New Brunswick,CANADA
Boudreau Meat Market
Agriculture & farms
July 09, 2020
November 08, 2020
$15 per hour
Industrial butchers and meat cutters and related workers prepare meat and poultry for further processing or for packaging for wholesale distribution. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove bones from meat
- Cut into specific cuts for retail, institutional, commercial, or other wholesale use
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- Slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Previous knife skills required, proper knife holding, honing and care
- Completion of secondary school is required
- English or French (CLB 5)
- Minimum of one (2) year experience required
- On-the-job training is provided for industrial butchers, meat cutters and poultry preparers.
- Starting rate $15 per hour, $0.50 increase after 3 months
- 40 to 50 hours per week
- Overtime paid at 1.5x rate
2020 - All Rights Reserved.