RooferVancouver - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Trevor Hahn Ltd. located at 955 Winder Mere St. Vancouver, BC V5K 4J6 is looking for a Roofer.
Major Work Area:
Construction, Re-roofing, Repairs at various locations.
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience:
Commercial, Institutional, Industrial, Residential
Area of Specialization:
Shingled roofs, Conventional and inverted built-up systems, Modified roofing systems, Rigid pre-formed roofing systems, Single ply sheet membrane roofing systems, Tiled roofs, Skylights.
Types of shingles, tiles and pre-formed sheeting materials:
Asphalt shingles, Cedar/wood shingles, Cement fibre shingles, Cement fibre tiles, Concrete and clay tiles, Fibreglass sheeting, Fibreglass shingles, Fibreglass tiles, Metal sheeting, Metal shingles, Plastic tiles, Slate shingles, Slate tiles, Steel tiles, Tar and gravel, Vinyl sheeting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
Some high school
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.):
2 to 3 years
Speak English, Read English
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Tools, Safety equipment/gear, Steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses/goggles, Safety harness
Work Site Environment:
At heights, Noisy, Dusty
Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Continuous learning
Wage offered $25.00 per hour, 40hr per week. This is a full-time and permanent position.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org