Ethnic and Indo ChineseSurrey - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Sandhu, Kulwant Singh Dba Akal Veggies, located at Unit 103, 12788 76A Avenue in Surrey, B C requires two full time Cook (Ethnic and Indo Chinese).
Cook will have to perform all of these duties:
- Specialize in preparing East Indian Tandoori, Curry dishes and other food items that is part of Indian cuisine
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skilful preparation
- Supervise and coordinate all phases of work of the Cooks, Dishwashers and the clean up
- Introduce innovative Indo Chinese dishes to keep existing patrons and to attract new customers
- Find and use seasonal produce, adapting to new customer trends
- Prepare special food for Indian fasts and festivals
- Determine what spices ingredients should be used to prepare curries (North Indian Cuisine)
- Oversee kitchen operations;
- Set up and oversee buffets;
- Clean kitchen and work area;
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- Managing orders for catering (this may require evening/night shifts)
- Plan and Create new recipes and dishes to potentially add to the menu
- Oversee a Tandoor (clay oven)
*There are no educational requirements,
We would prefer somebody with at least three to five years of experience.
Compensation: $21.80 per hour, 40 hours a week.
Must be available to work weekends.
This is a full-time and permanent position.
If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org