Senior Cost Engineer (Construction)
As a Cost Engineer for Project Team you will be responsible for
leading cost related projects. This is an individual contributor
Apply your project management skills to coordinate the activities
and gather the inputs of the key resources.
Apply your cost engineering skills to accurately forecast the
baseline cost of a project and drives subsequent cost reduction
Archive the knowledge gained from previous projects, making
sure the knowledge is accessible and available for future
Track deviations from the initial baselines, define cost reduction
opportunities, measure the ongoing improvements and work to
prevent project creep.
Act as point person representing Project Team for cost projects
with the various internal organizations we support.
This position gives you the opportunity to work with internal
Departments, Project planners and project managers, plus
interaction with our contract manufacturing factories. You will be
exposed to the incredible world of OEM, Consultants and
• Good problem-solving skills, with an ability to work on complex
• Ability to determine methods and procedures on new
• Self-starter, who is pro-active and demonstrates creative and
critical thinking abilities
• Experience training new users and creating release
• The senior cost engineer reports to the Project Director and
liaises all other Cost Management, Unit members. Coordinate
with client’s senior representatives, Contractors, Subcontractors,
Government Agencies, and Consultants as necessary.
• Support Project Director in establishing and then implement
department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures as
approved by the Project Director.
• Support and participation in preparing the project budgets and
five-year plan and updating it annually.
• Support and participation in preparing the annual project
budget plan and submitting it to the Ministry of Finance for
approval of the annual budget.
• Review the estimated cost of projects before the bidding phase.
• Developing and following up on invoicing and payments
• Managing the projects change management process, review
and audit claims process.
• Manage and sustain the project’s cost data using appropriate
Project Management Information System (PMIS).
• Participate in the process of monitoring projects, report and
manage project dashboards.
• Review projects cash flow and recommends best practice for
planning and updating.
• Represent the department in management meetings as
• Coordinate with client departments and divisions in the
implementation of the current and future deliverables and
• Provide guidance, direction and specialized assistance to
• Monitor projects cash flow and advise departments of any
deviation in plans and provide input and feedback to rectify
• Coordinate and responsible for the development of related
reports for inclusion in the Unified Monthly Report prepared by
Cost Management Department.
• Establishing, measuring, and reporting the achievement of
department goals and targets, KPI’s and performance.
• Assist the Director in identifying gaps in knowledge and skill
sets of staff, and implementation of appropriate training
• Solid experience with either cost engineering or project
management experience--preferably for Construction Project
• A technical background is important as its helpful when dealing
with the design teams.
• An aptitude for cost control; initiative to drive cost reductions;
and have a passion for achieving results.
• Applications and systems knowledge required using Excel,
SAP, Primavera P6.
• Data analytics experience will be looking upon favorably
• Knowledge of Project Management Practices.
Bachelors in Engineering degree (required)
Masters in Management or Engineering (preferable)
PMP certification (asset)
Salary: $25 to $35 (based on experience)
Job type: Full type
Experience: 9 years and above (required)