Five Continents International Ltd.
Sales & Retails
May 27, 2020
June 27, 2021
$58.00 to $65.00/hour (To be negotiated)
Five Continents International Ltd. is a recognized industry leader specializing in importing and distributing Asian foods to Canada. Based in GTA of Ontario, our company provides the best quality specialty and natural consumer packaged goods to the local supermarkets and retailers: frozen vegetables and meats, noodles, drinks, roasted sunflower seeds and 1000+ other quality products mainly from Eastern Asia. We are the designated supplier of many large grocery stores, wholesalers in Canada.
With the steady growth of our business, we are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Sales General Manager to help us expand our business.
This is a permanent, full-time senior management position reporting directly to the President. As the Sales General Manager, you will focus on expanding the global sales of our company’s current and future products by formulating and implementing sales strategies and polices. With a deep understanding of the market and competitor situation, strong connection and relationship with partners may help the company to develop niche market. Other than external customers, you will also collaborate with internal customers from functions of all departments, including marketing, operations, facilities, and personnel management.
- Plan, formulate and implement operational management strategies to achieve the agreed sales plans within the schedule.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of sales policies, systems and procedures.
- Establish, optimize and manage sales & marketing department, including middle managers’ hiring and training, staffing model, reporting system, and control expenditures within agreed budgets.
- Liaise with all functional/departmental managers to ensure the smooth implementation of the sales process.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of sales & marketing departments to assure that efficiencies, safety and best practices are maximized.
- Direct or co-ordinate with sales department to maintain existing clients and develop new clients in local market.
- Expand the company’s existing products successfully into the US and other countries around the globe.
- Explore Asian markets, especially the China market. Source and export local Canadian products to target markets.
- Act as a delegated representative to participate in contract negotiations, bidding activities or government-related activities;
- Review and monitor reports, analyze sales related financial data to support decision of campaigns, budgets and staff development. Measure and report on opportunities and development plans and achievements, monitor operational issues.
Qualification / Requirements
Candidates for this position must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in middle management position in sales department.
- Good working knowledge and experience with distribution or large wholesale, and inventory systems.
- Good working knowledge of Canadian and US grocery supply chain operations.
- Experience in export trade business, familiar with import & export process.
- Experience in coaching sales staff, teaching distribution sales techniques, resulting in increased market coverage and company revenue.
- Experience and proven ability to develop overseas markets, especially the wholesalers and Asian grocery stores in US (Walmart, Grocery Outlet, Loblaw, T&T etc.).
- Experience in large inventory management.
- Experience in negotiation and handling contracts.
- Results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel frequently to US and East Asia.
- Knowledge of the Eastern-Asian market and channels; familiarity with public relations in relevant government sections preferred.
- Dry grocery knowledge and sales experience are preferred.
- Exceptional English abilities (written and oral).
- Strong communication skills in Mandarin and basic communication skills in Japanese/Korean are an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- A compensation package including disability, pension, relocation assistance and 10 days paid annual vacation.
- Salary $58.00 to $65.00/hour (To be negotiated)
- 35 hours / week
- Permanent, Full time
Please apply by e-mail ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business address and work location: Scarborough, ON Canada
Five Continents International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest in Five Continents International, only qualified applicants will be contacted to continue the application process.