Carew Family Dental
Medical & Dental Care
September 09, 2020
May 05, 2021
$51.40 / hour for 40 hours / week
3113 – Dentists
Employer: Carew Family Dental
Location: Hinton, AB
Salary: $51.40 / hour for 40 hours / week
Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Morning, Day, Weekend
Education and License: Degree in dentistry
Credentials: Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities, National Dental Examining Board of Canada Certification
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Ability to Supervise: 1 to 2 people
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity. Attention to detail. Hand-eye co-ordination. Combination of sitting, standing, walking. Fast-paced environment. Standing for extended periods. Ability to distinguish between colours. Repetitive tasks. Work under pressure. Physically demanding
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Effective interpersonal skills
- Examine patients' teeth, gums and surrounding tissue.
- Diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate treatment.
- Restore, extract and replace diseased and decayed teeth.
- Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments.
- Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene.
- Design bridgework, fit dentures and provide appliances.
- Write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use by denturists and dental technicians
Specific Job Description:
- Examine patients' extra-oral and intra-oral tissues, review medical and dental history.
- Diagnose disease such as perio disease,dental caries,gingivitis, soft tissue disease and formulate treatment plan.
- Perform restorative work such as administering local anesthetic, removal of caries using handpieces and hand instruments, putting in pins or retentive posts, applying composite or RMGIC restorations, and ensuring good contacts and a smooth restoration.
- Perform root canals treatments by removing infected tissue with hand instruments and rotary instruments. Fill canals with endodontic gutta percha.
- Perform simple and complicated extractions including impacted third molars with surgical instruments. Suture placement and removal.
- Perform crown and bridgework and removable prosthetics including taking impressions and making models, carrying out tooth preps, designing prosthetics, writing lab prescriptions, making temporary crowns and removal/cementation of permanent crowns and bridges.
- Perform Implant placement and Implant restoration by assessing bone levels and Xrays, using surgical guides, and carrying out surgical placement of implants and restoration of implant abutments.
- Perform restorations and extractions on children's teeth such as fillings, fissure sealants, and topical fluoride gels.
- Perform oral hygiene procedures using ultrasonic and hand scalers, Use polishing paste and slow handpiece to polish teeth. Education patients on oral hygiene procedures such as flossing, brushing, mouthwash.
Work Setting: Private practice
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and application letter.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
#202-247 Pembina Ave
Do not send your application by any other method other than indicated above. Please submit using one method only and not repeatedly.