Speedy Tong Express & Logistics Inc.
September 12, 2020
July 12, 2021
Annual salary $72,800
SPEEDY TONG EXPRESS & LOGISTICS INC.
Speedy Tong Express & Logistics Inc (“speedy Tong”) is based in Toronto, Ontario. We specialize in express air parcel delivery between Canada and China, provide efficient and cost-effective shipping services for individuals, local and global e-commerce businesses. We are expanding to develop our own wholesaling/export business to China.
With our rapid growth, we are seeking a self-motivated and talented Logistics Manager focusing on businesses to and from the PRC Region.
This is a permanent, full-time position with deep understanding of this competitive market, report directly to the General Manager, focusing on implementation of our action plan, delivering excellent service to assist the company in expanding our business scope and customer base. Using your experience to expand our business in your designated regions; optimizing our existing logistics model, operations, facilities, contractors, and personnel management.
You must be flexible and capable of working well in a fast-paced environment. International travel is required.
- Oversee the daily operations, ensure delivery of goods to customers and inbound/outbound schedules are up to date;
- Work on continuous improvement of overall service standard;
- In-charge of Warehouse and inventory management, communicate and liaison with third party partners, customs agents, freight trucking service providers, third party warehouses, free trade zone and ports;
- Develop, implement and maintain Standardized Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure the safe operation of warehouse and goods in transit;
- Manage the utilization of warehouses and third-party storage in the most cost-effective manner;
- Negotiate with shipping and freight providers;
- Set and control shipping budget, cooperate with the finance department to determine the payment schedule of the related expenses, include freight truck, warehouse and customs agency service charges, etc.
- Implement and optimize Expansion initiatives to increase our market share
- For any goods to China, arrange the preparation of documentation and product samples for inspection as required by Chinese authorities, and obtain the relevant import approval/licence;
- Maintain a database of customs numbers of various products exported to China, to ensure the compliance of storage and transportation with all regulatory bodies.
- Manage the exports on shipments to China, communicate with customs officials to ensure compliance.
- Conduct performance evaluation of department subordinates and report to general manager.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5 years’ experience in logistic industry or related fields on PRC Region
- With previous experience in negotiation and handling logistics contracts.
- Good general knowledge with the customs clearance process of East Asia and Southeast Asia countries.
- Experience in transportation and/or warehousing business in East Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Familiar with general warehousing safety regulations and warehousing scheduling process.
- Proven ability of team management.
- Ability to travel to Asia.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- Experience and knowledge in Petrochemical product export and transport to China
- Good business relationships with freight contractors, bonded warehouses and ports in East and Southeast Asia countries are preferred.
- Experience/knowledge in import policies, inspection and quarantine policies
Annual salary $72,800 ($40/hr 35 hrs/wk), 10 days paid annual vacation
Work location: Unit 1, 460 Elgin Mills Rd East, Richmond Hill, L4C 5E7, ON, CANADA
Please apply by e-mail only to: “email@example.com”.
Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest in Speedy Tong Express & Logistics, only qualified applicants will be contacted to continue the application process.