QJD Pekingduck (Markham) Restaurant Ltd.
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
September 15, 2020
June 14, 2021
$24.5 / hour
Hiring (Full-time Position) – a Peking Duck Speciality Sous Chef
“Quanjude” is a 150-year-old Chinese restaurant known for its Peking roast duck cuisine. “QJD” is the short form for Quanjude. Our QJD Pekingduck (Markham) Restaurant Ltd. is the 1st QJD branded Peking duck restaurant in North America.
- Prepare the ducks in QJD’s own special method before roasting;
- Operate the QJD custom-built oven;
- Present the roasted duck in traditional QJD way by slice the whole roasted duck to very thin slices skillfully in front of the restaurant patrons at their table side;
- Assist the Head Chef in supervising and training cooks and kitchen helpers;
- Assist the Head Chef in training the kitchen personnel’
- Assist Head Chef in regular inspections of the entire kitchen areas
- Work closely with the dining room service personnel, maintain effective communication with them and collect customer feedbacks for improving food standard and developing new menu ideas
- Has experience in preparing the duck before roasting in QJD special method;
- Has experience in how to operate the QJD custom-bult oven specially built for roasting QJD ducks;
- Has experience & knowhow in slicing the roasted Peking duck skillfully in tradition QJD way in front of patrons
- Has experience in working with restaurant’s service personnel
- Previous on-the-job training at Pekingduck speciality restaurant is preferred
Hourly rate is $24.50 per hour payable bi-monthly, normal hours is 35 hours per week or 77 hours each bi-monthly plus 10 days paid annual vacation. Work location at QJD Pekingduck (Markham) Restaurant Ltd., 7095 Woodbine Ave. Markham, ON L3R 1A3
Please apply by e-mail only to: “Qjd.firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest, only qualified applicants will be contacted to continue the application process