- Prepare and cook full course Indian meals and individual dishes;
- Maintain Cleanliness in kitchen and food service areas;
- Preparation, cooking, and handling of food;
- Prepare and Cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods in Indian Grill and Fine Dining Cuisine;
- To set up and oversee buffets; and
- Any other related job duties as required in the restaurant.
Company Name: Shenai Restaurant
Location: 447 main street, L8K 1K5 Ontario, Canada
Email address: email@example.com
Number of Position: 1
Position Name: East &West Indian Cook
NOC Code: 6322
Position Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $18.50/hr Hours: 44-40/wk
Observed Holidays o: As outlined on labour.gov.on.ca – 10 holidays/yr
Education: High School or Equitant
Experience: At least 2 years of experience Indian curry and traditional spices
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Have full operational knowledge of all Indian recipes, standards, and portion sizes
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, and cooking
- Always inspect the quality and freshness of the ingredients prior to preparations
- Ensure that food preparation and serving areas are clean; sanitary for food-handling; and safe.
- Wash, peel, and cut vegetables to prepare them for consumption
- Be proficient in the use of all kitchen equipment including fryers, ovens, grills, etc.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- Date, rotate and check inventory in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment following proper procedures
Other Hiring Criteria:
- Team-oriented with the ability to act in the best interest of the restaurant
- Ability to adapt and consistently produce established menu flavors
***** Please submit all resumes via email *****
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: We welcome applications from Aboriginals, People with Disabilities, School Leavers. Even though this position is a full-time position but we encourage part-time candidates to apply as well.