Rapid Ride Delivery Service
November 19, 2020
May 18, 2021
Long Haul Truck Driver
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 7511)
Rapid Ride is a freight delivery company that has been around for over 30 years.
We offer definite delivery solutions to suit any potential need you may have with an unwavering commitment to excellence in customer service.
We are currently looking for 1 energetic, experienced and efficient full-time Long Haul Truck Driver to join our team to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
Company Operating Name: Rapid Ride Delivery Service Inc.
Business Address: Unit 2A, 2390, Drew Road, Mississauga ON L5S 1B8 Canada
The Long Haul Truck Driver is responsible for transporting goods and materials from manufacturing plant to warehouses, rail yards, distribution centers and other provinces in a safe and timely manner. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Transport goods and materials from manufacturing plant to warehouses, rail yards, distribution centers and other provinces
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Inspect for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Load and unload the cargo off truck including supervision
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Long Term
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Wages: $21.50 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis
Location of Work: Unit 2A, 2390, Drew Road, Mississauga ON L5S 1B8 Canada
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- No formal education requirements
- No experience required-will provide on-the-job training
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A) is required
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement is required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Sitting for extended periods
- Willing to travel overnight, cross-border and for extended periods
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and Judgement
- Must be a team player, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operations and shifts including overtime and weekend work as required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Unit 2A, 2390, Drew Road, Mississauga ON L5S 1B8 Canada. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.