We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make valuable contributions to our organization by implementing administrative procedures, establish work priorities in support of our consultant.
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Job type: Full time, Permanent & indeterminate (35-40 hours/ week.)
Job Location: 217-8028, 128 Street, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W 4E9
Wages: $23-$25 hourly (Negotiable)
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Travel: Occasional travel may be required, the cost will be borne by the company
Positions Available: 01
Business Address & Job Location: 217-8028, 128 Street, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W 4E9
- Responsible for day to day activities of the V9 Immigration office services
- Provides administrative support & work closely with the RCIC or Director.
- Provide direct administrative support to the staff members, clients/customers, and intercompany teams.
- Greet people and direct them to the appropriate staff, schedule appointments
- Coordinate and supervise the administration department by reviewing, improving, and implementing current and new administrative procedures; as well as maintaining policy manuals
- Establish and implement new initiatives and set work priorities and make sure that deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
- Checking and fixing administration-related problems and co-ordinate with the responsible person.
- Develop, prepare, and monitor internal and external reporting.
- Prepare reports, background documentation, and research.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals, and correspondence
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to the client applications, Accounting, contracting, and management processes
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, invoice, retainer agreements, and other related material – both manual and electronic.
- Check incoming regular and electronic mails and coordinate with the team.
- Receive and handle immigration-related information from clients and relay the information to the rest of the team through telephone, mail, or email, as needed.
- Handling tasks such as filing, photocopying, printing and binding, typing documents, faxing internal documents, etc.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Manage reservations and other travel-related activities for the consultant, prepare expense reports
- Opening immigration files in V9 Immigration and E-Conveyance, file reporting including closing and scanning
- Supervise and train new staff regarding the department’s procedures and how to use the software and management information system.
- Addressing and resolving clients’ complaints and concerns promptly.
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars, conferences and take notes of the proceedings, etc.
- Review presentations. Ordering office inventory, stationery, and other supplies
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Manage office service equipment, forms, supplies, office security, etc.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Perform light accounting/bookkeeping duties, if required
- Maintain tidy and professional set up in the office
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team player
- Client focus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to multitask
- Team & Time management
- Problem solving,
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Office
Education & qualifications:
- Secondary School or above is required or
- One- or two-year college or other programs for administrative assistants or secretaries or Previous clerical experience is required.
- 2 years to less than 3 years in a similar role is preferred.
Area of Specialization:
- Reports and records
- Financial statements
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
V9 Immigration Inc,
217, 8028, 128 Street, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W 4E9
Tel: 778 728 1999