West Coast Wee Watch is an inclusive center for children 12 months to 5 years old which is located in Delta, BC. We provides a safe and stimulating environment for children to learn, play and grow. We are looking for a full time person who is certified Early Childhood Educator to join our team starting ASAP.
4750 57 Street, Delta, BC V4K 3C9
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent with 37.5 hours/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: College
Credentials: ECE Certificate is required; First Aid Certificate is required.
Experience: Experience in child care/teaching is required.
Positions Available: 1
Skills requirement and qualifications:
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced professional work environment.
- Detail oriented and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle all tasks in a timely manner and have a sense of urgency.
- Positive working attitude and patient with children.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest.
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity.
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor.
- May supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Extended Health Care will be offered after three months employment.
How to Apply:
Business Address: 4750 57 Street, Delta, BC V4K 3C9