This is a job as a nursery worker at Hong Farms in Surrey, BC.
It will require you to complete repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, work in a fast-paced environment, stand for extended periods, bed, crouch, kneel, use your hand-eye co-ordination, and pay attention to detail. It is a large workload. You will need to be able to handle up to 50 pounds.
You will be working with perennials, native plants, ferns, deciduous trees, coniferous trees, bedding plants, fruit trees, seasonal plants, ornamental trees, shrubs, and hedges.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Irrigation pumps and equipment
- Christmas tree cutting machine or equipment
- Garden tractors
- Mechanical seeder
- Mechanical sprayer
- Mechanical cultivator
- Light trucks
- Mixing fertilizer
- Harvesting seedlings
- Greenhouse cleaning
- Fruit tree training
- Cleaning crop
- Budding trees
- Brush collecting
- Shoot positioning
- Seed cutting
- Operate climate controls
- Spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides
- Assist in pruning trees, shrubs, and plants
- Mix and prepare soils
- Plant bulbs and seeds
- Pot and re-pot plants
- Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- Apply fertilizers
- Report signs of insect or disease damage
- Dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs
- Water and tend to plants, lawns, and/or gardens
- Clean work area
- 1-7 months of experience
Education: Completion of high school
Wage: $16.05 an hour
You will need a criminal record check.
You will need to provide your own steel-toed safety boots, gloves, and transportation.