Available Position: 1
Job Title: Computer Programmer
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time / Permanent
Experience Required: Min. 1 to 2 years of experience
Education Required: Bachelors OR Completion of a College Program OR Specialization in Programming
Business Operating Name: Laureola Inc.
Business Address: 35 Trailwood Dr., Unit 1915, Mississauga ON, L4Z 3L6
Work location: Suite 301, 231 Oak Park Blvd., Oakville, ON, L6H 7S8
Contact No.: 647-992-0143
Compensation & Hours:
Salary: $38.50 CAD Per Hour
Working hours: Minimum 30 hours per week
Overtime Rate: $57.75 per hour starting after 44 hours per week
Holiday pay: 4% of gross pay
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail
Personal Suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Reliability, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent written communication
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.