DUMP TRUCK DRIVER
ADIEU TRUCKING LTD.
Business Name: Adieu Trucking Ltd.
Job Title: Dump Truck Driver (NOC 7511)
No. of Vacancies: 5
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Work Location: 30160 Burgess Avenue Abbotsford BC V4X 1V5
Wage rate: $26/hour for 40 to 50 Hours/Week
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma required.
Experience: No previous work experience required. Will train on job.
- Operate and drive primarily straight body trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Load and unload goods, tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo in accordance with safety requirements.
- Perform preventive maintenance, perform brake adjustments & perform emergency roadside repairs if needed.
- Satisfy customer needs for service.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, and oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment,
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices.
Personal Suitability: Team player, effective interpersonal skills, reliability, judgement, organized, flexibility
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract), Drug test, Criminal record check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, attention to detail, repetitive tasks, sitting, physically demanding.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Dump Truck
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Credentials: Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
How to Apply: If you feel you are suitable for this job and have enough experience please email your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org