Surrey - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Prabu Foods Inc.
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
November 26, 2020
July 26, 2021
Prabu Foods is seeking 2 Cooks to join its team.
Salary: $18.00 CAD per hour for 40 hours a week
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Vacation: 4% of gross salary in lieu of vacation time
Work Location: 8035 130 Street Surrey, BC V3W 0H7
Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods and repetitive tasks
Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma required
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years of relevant experience
Cuisine Specialties: East Indian, Vegetarian
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Set up a workstation with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Creating Indian Style sweets menu with various main ingredients such as flour, sugar, milk, etc. to make khoa
- Prepare all types of Indian sweet foods such as Gulab Jamun, Gajrela, Bengali Rasgulla, Angoori Rabdi, Kaju Peda, Aloo Tikki, Paneer Pakora, Rasmalai, and Spinach Poppers, etc.
- Prepare recipe for Indian Style Sweet Chutney and cook various types of Indian namkeen (salty snacks).
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and deep fry the Sweet pieces on medium-low flame
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking such as preparing the hard dough,
- Boil double cream, add sugar and milk powder and turn it into the custard
- Make a Recipe/Paste by mixing all-purpose flour and oil/ghee and sugar.
- Monitor and maintain the clean working area and cooking surface twice a day
- Prepare all package sweets and ensure warmth for the same
- Ensure great presentation by dressing sweets dishes before they serve
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen area all the time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
2021 - All Rights Reserved.