hoshana’s daycare offers progressive programs for infants, toddlers and preschoolers, as well as before and after care for local public schools.
We offer a warm, nurturing safe and Jewish environment in which children will develop, play, and learn with confidence. We are looking to hire an early childhood education assistant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Shoshana’s daycare emergent curriculum with an emphasis on creativity and collaboration in a play-based and inclusive learning environment. As a co-operative style nursery daycare, we offer families a high level of parent participation and flexible enrollment options. We have been a mainstay in the Vaughan community for more than 10 years and as one of the early pioneers of the Jewish daycare in our area.
- Lead children's activities, tell stories, teach songs and prepare craft materials.
- Prepare and serve snacks.
- Help children eat, dress and use the toilet.
- Write down observations about the children in class for your supervisors.
- Discuss children's progress and challenges at staff meetings.
- Help supervisors keep records.
- Maintain and clean daycare equipment.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery of an inclusive play-based learning program which is developmentally and culturally appropriate program which meets the needs of the children.
- Implements an anti-bias curriculum by promoting diversity and acceptance of individual differences.
- Facilitates and guides the development and behaviour of children.
- Implements individual plans (IPs) by integrating identified goals into the daily program & routines.
- Establishes routines with clearly identifiable transition periods.
- Prepares a weekly written program plan using a variety of resources and materials.
- Conducts child observations and prepares reposts as assigned.
- Promotes the centre's philosophy and communicates issues to parents in a positive, professional and respectful manner.
- Keeps accurate records of: daily attendance, daily activity plans.
- Attends regular staff meetings and participates by contributing information.
- Ensures health and safety of each child.
REQUIREMENTS AND ASSETS
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification is an asset
- All health immunizations up to date
- Ability to obtain clear valid Criminal Reference Check
- Passion for working and educating children in a fun and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Open-minded, teachable, dedicated to excellence, driven, creative and organized
- Knowledge of child development
- High School Diploma is a must
- Experience in childhood care is MUST
Monday-Friday, 40hrs per week
Expected start date: TBD
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour