Student Placement Officer
Newton International College
- General Information
1) Location: North York, ON
2) Salary Range: $30.00 to $35.00 / hour (To be negotiated)
3) Vacancy: 1
4) Employment Type: Permanent Employment and Full Time
5) Work Hours: 40 hours/week
6) When to Start: As soon as possible
- Job Requirements
1) Languages: English.
2) Education: A university degree or college diploma.
3) Related Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years.
4) Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure and remote work available.
5) Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Excellent written communication, and Excellent oral communication.
6) Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Main Responsibilities
1) Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions;
2) Identify current and prospective staffing requirements;
3) Prepare and post notices and advertisements;
4) Collect and screen applicants;
5) Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment;
6) Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates;
7) Notify applicants of results of the selection process and prepare job offers;
8) Advise managers and employees on sta ng policies and procedures;
9) Determine eligibility to entitlements and arrange staff training; and
10) Provide information or services such as employee assistance, counseling, and recognition programs.
- Explanation on Some Key Responsibilities
1) Recruit secondary school graduates, structure enrolment requirements, compile placement advertisements, provide counseling services to applicants in relation to completion and submission of Newton International College’s applications;
2) Conduct pre-screening of applicants to verify qualifications, interview potential students to assist in the completion of enrolment, produce student placement notes, and give opinions while assessing applicants’ competitiveness, weakness, and strength; and
3) Verify offers after comprehensive assessment and inform applicants' final results.
- How to Apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. If your experience and qualifications are a good match for this position, we will contact you for an interview. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.