We are looking for a full-time Restaurant Manager to work in our Downtown location at 261 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5T 2E3
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full-time (30hr - 40hr/week, shifts) permanent position
Salary and compensation: $19.23-$20/hr; staff meal during shift is included without cost; two weeks vacation per year; Employee discount
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage restaurant’s daily operation; implement procedures in related to sales and services;
- Maintain the restaurant’s environment, both in the kitchen and dining area to ensure it follows the food safety regulation;
- Provide managing recommendation to the head office in regards to customers’ demand, competitors’ products and participate in marketing activities for the restaurant;
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks; provide weekly financial report for the head office;
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplish restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Resolve any customer complaints and maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
-Minimum one-year related experience in managing restaurant;
-Strong communication skills to better communicate with both customers and suppliers;
-Excellent interpersonal skills to work with different people under pressure
-Excellent customer service skills to be able to deal with customers’ enquiries and complaints
-Strong multitasking skills to be able to organize and set priorities, and work under fast-paced environment
-Able to stand and walk for long shifts during working period
-College diploma, hospitality, food related is preferred
-Able to work flexible schedules (holidays, weekends and shift schedule)
-Food safety and smart serve certificate is preferred
Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com. Please reference Ad-1 on your subject line when sending the resume. No phone call please.
We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups (Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities) to apply. However, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.