Transcon Logistics Inc
March 31, 2021
September 01, 2021
$22.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Deliver material to destinations, unload materials and complete paperwork.
- Direct customer queries to location management.
- Check vehicles and troubleshoot and maintain vehicles.
- Run ratchet straps and chains and binders to secure load to trailer.
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible.
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel, to benefit the business.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the hift and report any problems or damage to management.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Adhere to laws on commercial vehicle operation as per Federal, State and local authorities.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect the trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Keep a log of the activities.
- Report maintenance/ mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep the truck and associated equipment clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate is required.
- Minimum one year experience to maximum 2 years of experience in truck driving
- Dependable, hardworking, punctual, and reliable.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of tools & equipment based on assigned store's fleet.
- Detail orientation to ensure timely, accurate paperwork.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communication in English
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a quality issue.
- Able to handling heavy load, Attention to detail, Sitting, Large workload
- AZ license is required or Equivalent
No of Positions - 2
Location - Scarborough, ON, M1P 4Y1
Compensation and Hours
For 40 hours a week, you'll be paid $22.00 per hour.
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org