Company: Prince George Figure Skating Club
Business information: The Prince George Figure Skating Club (PGFSC) is a progressive club located in Prince George, BC. We are a large Club with over 360 members and offer programming for PreCanSkate, CanSkate, CanPower, Adult Skate, and Figure Skating – Junior Academy, STARSkate and Competitive programs. PGFSC offers year round programming including reduced ice during summers.
Established in 1971, the Prince George Figure Skating Club (PGFSC) and its nationally certified professional coaches have been offering Skate Canada's acclaimed national skating programs to the City of Prince George residents for 49 years. With over 360 members, PGFSC offers skating programs for all ages and abilities. Our programming includes Learning to Skate programs for skaters 3 years and up teaching beginning skating skills in groups with skaters of same levels with 6 levels or training; CanPower programs for skaters to build and improve on skills required for hockey and ringette; Figure Skating programs that cover entry level figure skating and continue up to recreational and competitive levels and an Adult Skating program.
Business Address: Kin Centre Arena, 2187 Ospika Blvd., Prince George, BC, V2N 2S6
Work Location: Same as above and Rolling Mix Concrete Arena, 888 Dominion St. Prince George, BC, V6L 0A1 and Elksentre Arena, 4833 Heather Road, Prince George, BC, V2K 3G7. The worker may attend competitions and seminars in BC only.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
· Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
· Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
· Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance and modify training programs
· Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance
· Carry out management or administrative duties
- Education: Completion of high school is required. A degree in physical education is preferred.
- Completion of the National Coaching Certificate program is required (Skate Canada Coach NCCP Level 1 /Primary StarSkate certified or higher).
- Experience: At least three years of experience as a Figure Skating coach are required.
- Competitive experience and technical knowledge of the sport are required.
- Be prepared to be involved in all aspects of club activities, including off-ice classes, competitions and seminars.
- Hold or be willing to obtain First Aid Certificate
- Have a Police Clearance check, including vulnerable sector check
- Ability to coach skills and ice dance is an asset
- Dance, flexibility, strength training or conditioning is an asset.
- Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, physically demanding.
- Personal Suitability: Organized, Initiative, Flexibility, Dependability, Team player, Values and ethics, Excellent oral communication, Reliability.
- Ability and desire to coach skating at all levels from PreCanskate to Gold/STAR 10 level STARSkate, Competitive and Power Skating programs; group, semi and private lessons
-Work with other coaches, parents, volunteers and the PGFSC directors
-Willing to further knowledge with continuing education
-Interested in working closely with the club executive and director of skating to plan and continue club growth
Salary: $27.00 per hour, 30 - 35 hours per week
Benefits: Mileage paid if attending competitions or seminars in BC.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required. Weekly hours start at 3:45 PM, on weekends the schedule starts at 12:00 PM. Summer hours start around 3:30 PM and run 2 hours plus per shift depending on ice guaranteed from the City of Prince George. Schedule will vary according to the club’s needs and depending on the time of the year. 30 hours of work per week are guaranteed.
Apply by mail to: PO Box 2386, Prince George, BC, V2N 2S6